With all these harsh cold winds blowing outside our homes and the continuously working heaters inside our homes, our skin needs a little extra nourishment to replenish itself. So today I’m going to share 4 easy DIY masks you can try this winter to pamper and restore your skin to its natural dewiness.
– Oats (2 Tbsp): Oats are known to hydrate and soothe the skin. With their anti-inflammatory action, they reduce redness and are suitable even for sensitive skin types. They also have a mild exfoliating action and will help slough dead cells off your skin.
– Warm Water (2 Tbsp)
– Honey (optional; 1 tsp): Honey is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and super-hydrating. It also helps lighten any hyper-pigmented areas on the face. I read somewhere that Cleopatra (the ancient Egyptian queen known for her beauty) used honey in her daily skincare routine to keep her skin soft and youthful. So go ahead, add this wonder ingredient to your skincare!
Mix the above ingredients and make a paste. Keep the mixture on your skin for 10-15 minutes and remove with tepid water.
Glycerin and Rosewater Face Mask
– Glycerin (4-5 drops): Glycerin acts as a humectant helping the skin to retain its moisture content. It helps to moisturize the skin without any oiliness, hence is an ideal moisturizing agent for oily skin.
– Rosewater(1 1/2 tbsp): Rosewater helps to dilute the glycerin so it can be absorbed properly by the skin cells. This mixture of glycerin and rosewater is one of the best combinations I have come across to hydrate the skin.
Mix the glycerin and rosewater in a bowl and lightly apply this mixture to freshly cleansed skin. Do not rub it on the skin, just lightly pat it. Keep it for 15 minutes and wash your face.
– 1/2 Banana: Banana restores moisture to even the driest of skins and uncovers a baby soft skin underneath. No makeup can fake the glow a banana face mask brings to your skin!
– Honey (1/2 tsp): Apart from all the amazing benefits of honey listed above, in this face mask it will help the banana stick to your skin longer.
Mash 1/2 banana with a spoon or in a blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to it. Apply to your face and neck. Keep for 15 minutes and wash thoroughly.
Turmeric and Yoghurt Face Mask
– Turmeric (1/2 tsp): Turmeric has been used in India for centuries to prevent and heal the skin of any infections. In addition, it helps to improve the clarity of your complexion and is also effective against fine lines/wrinkles.
– Yoghurt (2 tbsp): Yoghurt helps restore and maintain pH of the skin which helps to keep acne at bay. It tighten the pores and lightens the scars those pesky pimples leave behind.
– Honey(1 tsp)
Mix the ingredients properly and apply to face and neck. Wash off after 10-15 minutes. Avoid staining your towels by using a paper towel instead to pat the skin dry afterwards.
What are your favourite face masks? Let me know in the comments below