Today I’ll be doing a a quick neutral smokey eye which will be perfect for any evening look.
Below are the products I have used for this look (except the makeup brushes).
1. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette (I have used the shades Hustle, Darkhorse, Creep and Sin in the same order)
2. MAC Prolongwear Concealer NC 30
3. NYX Eyeshadow- Black
4. Inglot Eyelash Curler
5. Loreal Voluminous Original Carbon Black Mascara
6. Loreal True Match Foundation
7. MAC Powder Blush- Melba
8. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Rosy Nude
1. Start with a clean, moisturised eye and prep the eyelid.
2. Apply the shade Hustle (3rd from the right) all over the lid with an eye shader brush. Be careful not to let it go beyond the crease.
3. Apply a slightly darker eyeshadow (Darkhorse; 5th from the right) in the outer V of the eye and using a light windshield motion, blend it with a soft blending brush (MAC 217).
4. Then take an even darker eyeshadow (Creep; 2nd from the right) and draw a subtle winged eyeliner on the outer half of the upper lash line. Be careful to apply just a little bit at a time and build the intensity gradually.
5. Take the shade Sin (2nd from the left) and apply it as a highlight in the inner corner of the eye.
The eye should look something like this at this stage.
6. Take an angled brush and using a black eyeshadow instead of an eyeliner, line your upper lashline. Using an eyeshadow instead of an eyeliner creates a more smokey/ diffused look as compared to using an eyeliner.
7. Take your favourite kohl and line your lower waterline. Smudge it with the black eyeshadow. I avoid lining my entire lower waterline because it kind of closes my eye and makes it appear smaller. But if you want, you can go ahead and line your entire waterline. Complete the look with lots of mascara.
Go ahead and complete the rest of your makeup! Below are some pictures of the finished look.