Today I’ll be showing you how in a few steps of makeup, you can create bigger-looking eyes. This look can be done in as little as 5 minutes and does not involve any dramatic makeover. It can therefore be your go-to neutral everyday eye makeup too. So lets get started!
1. Start with clean moisturized eye and apply your eye primer. A primer is a must to keep your eye makeup smudge-free for a long time, especially if you have oily lids.
2. Line your lower waterline with a nude pencil concentrating on inner and outer edges. Doing this will help in opening and brightening up your eye.
3. Apply an eyeshadow a shade or two lighter than your lid color. This will serve as a base for all the eye makeup that will follow in the next few steps.
4. Taking your crease brush and a medium-toned eyeshadow, draw your crease just above your natural crease. Do this using a to and fro wiper motion. Remember to keep your eye open during this step. This will help you to locate where to apply the eyeshadow easier.
Also Read: 5 Ways To Use MAC 217
5. Now take a dark brown eyeshadow and apply it on outer 3rd of crease. Using your blending brush, blend it upwards and outwards. This will recede the socket making your eye appear longer than it actually is.
6. Apply your black/ brown eye pencil on outer half of the upper lash line and smudge it. Smudging will blur any definitive boundaries and make the eye appear bigger.
7. Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara.
Optional – Applying a light shimmery eyeshadow on the lid and inner corner of eye will reflect light and give the illusion of an even bigger eye. This step should ideally be done after Step 5 and before you apply the eye pencil. Result will look similar to the picture below.
Thats it! I hoped you liked this tutorial.
P.S- You’ll get even better results than me if you are using a good eyelash curler. Mine is quite old and I’m looking to replace it. Any suggestions?