One of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can have in your wardrobe is a maxi skirt. Yet while shopping the other day, I felt that I needed some inspiration on how to style my maxi skirts. Although the internet is filled with numerous amounts of inspirational pictures, I’m sharing with you today the 15 ways I would most love to style mine.
1. Team up a neutral top with a bright, flowy maxi skirt. Don’t forget to accessorise with some statement jewellery to bring the whole look together!
Pic Credits: 1, 2, 3
2. For this minimalistic look, pair up your neutral maxi skirt with a neutral top to make the whole look classic and elegant.
Pic Credits: 4, 5, 6
3. For a more casual look, wear your denim shirt with a maxi skirt. Add some accessories like a chunky belt to finish off the look.
Pic Credits: 7, 8
4. For a more layered look, add a shrug or a jacket. A leather jacket teamed up with a delicate, flowy skirt gives a sporty yet girlie look.
Pic Credits: 9, 10
5. Spice up a loose, slouchy tee by pairing it with a flowy maxi skirt. Tie the tee to one end into a knot for an effortlessly stylish look.
Pic Credits: 11, 12
6. Speaking of effortlessly stylish, pair up your favourite monochrome maxi skirt with a pullover to keep you warm and look chic at the same time. Tuck it in the centre of your waistline for a more put together look.
Pic Credits: 13, 14
7. Pair up your monochrome maxi skirts with a polka dot top to add a retro glam to your outfit.
Pic Credits: 15, 16, 17
8. Combine a lace top with a flowy, high-waisted maxi skirt for a very feminine look. Don’t forget to add some jewellery to complement it.
Pic Credits: 18, 19, 20
9. Team up a floral or a printed maxi skirt with a fitted crop top. The idea is to let the skirt be the centre of attraction so pair it up with a neutral crop top. Perfect for the spring!
Pic Credits: 21, 22, 23
10. Your peplum tops can look great when teamed up with a maxi skirt. If paired with the right kind of skirt, this look can look ultra stylish and formal at the same time.
Pic Credits: 24, 25
11. Add a denim jacket and some statement jewellery for an instantly edgy look.
Pic Credits: 26, 27
12. Team up your favourite maxi skirt with a off shoulder top for a very chic and feminine look. This look goes with both monochrome and printed skirts alike but remember to keep the focus on one pair of clothing. So if you’re wearing a neutral monochrome skirt (like in the picture on the top, left corner), pair it up with a print (in this case, a striped off-shoulder top) and vice versa.
Pic Credits: 28, 29, 30
13. Who says plain white shirts are boring? Team up a white, crisp shirt with a flowy maxi skirt for an instantly polished look. A belt, although not necessary, will bring the whole look together.
Pic Credits: 31, 32, 33
14. For a more casual look, team up a cute graphic tee with a printed maxi skirt. Add some complementary sneakers to bring the whole look together.
Pic Credits: 34, 35
15. Not just graphic tees, a simple, matching monochrome top can go well with a printed skirt too.
Pic Credits: 36, 37, 38