Its the weekend and that means its time for some skin pampering! I’ll be sharing with you today a DIY mask that can help troublesome acne-prone skin to stay in control. Its the aspirin face mask and it has personally helped me to keep any breakouts at bay.
What You Need
1) 2-3 Uncoated Aspirin Tablets (Uncoated so that it dissolves in water the moment it comes in contact with it; If you’re in India, Disprin works for this purpose)
2) Some Water; preferably lukewarm
3) Honey (optional)
You can do it once every week OR once every two weeks
How To Do It
1) Take 2-3 uncoated aspirin tablets
2) Mash them with the back side of a spoon until it becomes a powder
3) Add a few drops of water. Add the water slowly as it is quite easy to go overboard with it. Mix the powder and water and apply on the face, concentrating on all the acne-prone areas.
4) If you have dry/ combination skin, you can add 2-3 drops of honey too. I personally do not like putting it in this mask, hence it is not shown in the pictures.
5) Keep it for 5-10 minutes and wash off.
This mask helps clean the pores and prevent acne. It also helps calm any redness and inflammation on the skin. Plus it leaves the skin fresh and radiant!
1. Some people are allergic to aspirin so always remember to do a patch test.
2. Aspirin/ salicylic acid products in general increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. So always put on a sunscreen when you head outside.
3. Do not exceed the frequency to more than once a week.
4. This mask works for those who respond well to salicylic acid treatments/ products. If you don’t respond well to them, chances are this won’t work for you.