BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour Review and Price
I’ve always loved home hair colouring kits. For someone as lazy as me, they are so much more practical and affordable than running to the salon every month. Plus they’ve never damaged my hair like some salon colors have in the past (bad memories *sob sob*). So when I got to know that BBlunt had launched their new Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour, I was really excited to try it out. Having had a great experience with their dry shampoo and the anti-frizz leave-in cream in the past, I was really eager to try out such an affordably priced, ammonia-free hair colour. So I picked out the shade 5.32 Honey (Light Golden Brown) because my hair was already coloured a medium brown.
And now after about a week and a half of having tried out this product, I’m ready to narrate my experience to you all. So if you’d like to know more about this product and whether I’d recommend it or not to you guys, then keep reading! But before that, here’s a picture of my hair before I used the colour.
Product Claims: While all other hair colours leave your hair dull, this revolutionary at-home hair colour gives you soft, shiny hair and colour that lasts up to 4 to 6 weeks. Specially created for the Indian skin tones, this no ammonia hair colour gives 100% grey coverage, lasts long and is available in 7 blockbuster shades. This 3-part hair colour comes with a unique Shine Tonic, enriched with Silk Proteins that gives salon like gorgeous hair at-home!Shine Tonic, is the secret ingredient to be mixed with the colourant and developer in the bowl. Apply the smooth and fragrant, non-drip blend for glossy, epic shiny hair.
Price: Rs 199/-
Shades Available: Currently there are 7 shades available in the BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour.
1.Coffee (Natural Brown) 4.31
2.Mahogany (Reddish Brown) 4.56
3.Blueberry (Blue Black) 2.10
4. Honey (Light Golden Brown) 5.32
5. Chocolate (Dark Brown) 3
6. Wine (Deep Burgundy) 4.20
7. Black (Natural Black) 1
BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour Review
The BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour is a 3-part colouring kit with each kit containing the following:
1.One tube of the developer cream
2. One tube of the colourant
3. One cute little tube of the shine tonic
4. A pair of gloves
5. Instruction manual
Before beginning, I prepared the skin around my scalp so it doesn’t stain during the colouring process. This can be easily done by slathering an oily cream all around your scalp including your ears, forehead and back of your neck. I then put on the pair of gloves included in the kit and emptied the tubes of the developer, colorant and lastly the shine tonic, into a plastic container (you can use a glass one too). Then with a hair colouring brush, I mixed all the three ingredients together. The resultant mixture was quite a thick, luxurious looking cream; much thicker than many other at-home hair colours I’ve used in the past. The thick cream allows for a non-drip formula and results in a much tidier application. But since it is thick, it also means that you need to make sure that every single strand of your hair gets covered nicely. After mixing it properly, I started applying it in sections to my hair with my brush. One thing to note here is that if you are going for global colour (which means colouring your entire hair as opposed to just the roots) and have long hair, one package of this hair color may not be adequate for you. For reference, my hair lies just above my waist and I found that the quantity in a single kit falls just short of covering my entire hair properly. So if you have as long or even longer hair than mine, do consider getting two kits.
Anyways, after I was done applying the colour to my entire hair, I let it sit for about 30 minutes. Watched an episode of my favourite tv series meanwhile! And after the 30 minutes were over, I hopped into my shower and as suggested in the instruction manual, added a little bit of water to my hair and emulsified the color for about 5 minutes. I then washed it off and finished it off with my conditioner.
Results: As soon as my hair started to dry, I noticed that the color had covered my hair (including a couple of my greys) really well! My hair was shiny and did not feel dry or damaged at all. The shade ‘5.32 Honey‘ had given my hair a beautiful medium brown tint and thankfully did not give any orange hues to my hair which is very common if you’re going lighter than your natural hair.
The BBlunt Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour is a great ammonia-free hair colour for those who prefer to do their hair colours at home. The shine tonic included in the kit is a lovely way of preventing the colour from looking dry or flat. The hair colour provides a good coverage to the greys and makes them blend in with the rest of your hair. It manages to provide a rich colour and maintain the healthy lustre of the hair all the while being easy on the pocket. Recommended!
Some hair colouring tips
1.Always apply an oil-based cream to the skin surrounding your scalp including the nape of your neck, back of your ears and forehead. This will prevent the hair color from staining your skin incase it transfers to it.
2. Avoid colouring your hair immediately after a wash. Your shampoo has likely stripped away all the protective oils from your scalp and hair which can cause irritation. Unless you have extremely oily hair, one day old hair works great.
3. Sometimes the same hair color can give different results in different individuals depending upon your previous hair color and the natural tone of your hair. So if you’re not sure of the outcome of the color you have bought, then here is a tip for you. Mix a small quantity of all the ingredients in your colouring kit and apply it on about an inch width section of your hair. Keep it for the desired time, wash and check the exact shade. The section of hair that would be the best for this would be one that does not lie on the outer periphery of your head (hair that is hidden and not very visible).
4. Never use any metal equipment to mix or apply the hair colour. It can react with the colour and give unwanted results.
5. Never ever skip the allergy test. Even if you have colored your hair previously. New allergies can develop over a period of years.
6. Wear an old button-down shirt while applying the colour. It will help to prevent major staining while removing it in the shower. I use an old one borrowed from my brother! He doesn’t know about it though 😛
7. Lastly if during the coloring process you manage to stain your skin with the colour, take a dab of aftershave on a cotton ball and rub it lightly over the skin. The stain will disappear almost immediately.