I am back with Volume 4 of the ‘Tuesday Tips n Tricks’ series. In this post I’ll be talking about some makeup tricks that can have an immense effect on your overall look. These tricks are quite simple and most of them do not require more than 30 seconds of your time. Here we go!
1. To get the most out of your eyelash curler, turn it upwards while holding the curl until it is parallel to the floor. That way you’ll get a much nicer/tighter curl which will stay put for a longer time period.
2. Hold your finger or a business card to stiffen the skin of your upper eyelid while applying mascara on the top eyelashes. Mascara applies much better if your eyelid resists movement.
3. Take your highlighter and place a little bit above the highest part of your eyebrow. This is usually one of those portions where the sun would naturally hit your face and putting a highlighter there would illuminate your entire face. In place of a highlighter, you can also use a highlighting concealer or just a simple shimmery eyeshadow.
4. Ever heard of reverse lip liners? Yup they can make your lipstick stand out so much more, particularly if it is a bright shade that you’re wearing. If you don’t know what they are, its just a concealer pencil (like the NYX Wonder Pencil) that you can use to line the area just outside your lips to create a neat lip line. If you don’t have one, you can always use your favourite concealer with a lip brush to get a similar effect.
5. Apply a transparent lip gloss or plain vaseline only to the centre of your lower lip and your cupid’s bow. It’ll give your lips that luscious look!
6. Contour your nose. Know what type your nose shape is and contour accordingly. For reference, look at the picture below. You’ll be amazed at how much a difference it can make to your entire look.
7. Apply a light concealer on the bridge of your nose and extend it in between your eyebrows, fanning it out onto your forehead as you do that. It highlights the centre of your face and distracts any unnecessary attention to areas you don’t want focus on.
What are your favourite makeup tricks? I’d love to know. Share in the comments below 🙂
great tips dear! I actually look forward to your post every Tuesday!
Thank you babe! Means a lot 😀
Every tuesday I get a good dose of tips by you Komal! Its a pleasure to read your posts! 🙂
Awww..thank you so much Vishakha! 🙂
I have been doing the reverse lip liner for a while now and wasn’t even aware that something like this does actually exist 🙂
Haha! I know!!! The same thing happened with me too. I had been doing it long before I got to know there was actually a name for it 😀
where did u got that nyx wonder pencil from? is it available at sephora?
Hi Rachna! I’m not sure about Sephora. You’ll have to ask a Delhiite about that 🙂 But it was available at Cherryculture.com
I love these tips specially the contouring and highlighting the nose brige till forehead one.
Really nice ones!
Wonderful tips Sweety 🙂 I did not know about the reverse lip liner trick. I am going to try it next time <3 <3
helpful post babe 😀 i use the reverse liner method when the lippie is quite light on my lips. that helps me conceal and gives full justice to color of lippie!!! i put concealer like the 7th step! the post was a bang on….
Thanks for the tip Ketakee! I’ll use the reverse lip liner tech for a light lippie too 😀
Nice tips!! Looking forward to seeing more such post from you!
These are such useful tips, I use most of these while I am doing my face. 🙂 xx
Loved your tips and I follow most of them
Handy tips 🙂