I am back with Volume 4 of the ‘Tuesday Tips n Tricks’ series. In this post I’ll be talking about some makeup tricks that can have an immense effect on your overall look. These tricks are quite simple and most of them do not require more than 30 seconds of your time. Here we go!
1. To get the most out of your eyelash curler, turn it upwards while holding the curl until it is parallel to the floor. That way you’ll get a much nicer/tighter curl which will stay put for a longer time period.
2. Hold your finger or a business card to stiffen the skin of your upper eyelid while applying mascara on the top eyelashes. Mascara applies much better if your eyelid resists movement.
3. Take your highlighter and place a little bit above the highest part of your eyebrow. This is usually one of those portions where the sun would naturally hit your face and putting a highlighter there would illuminate your entire face. In place of a highlighter, you can also use a highlighting concealer or just a simple shimmery eyeshadow.
4. Ever heard of reverse lip liners? Yup they can make your lipstick stand out so much more, particularly if it is a bright shade that you’re wearing. If you don’t know what they are, its just a concealer pencil (like the NYX Wonder Pencil) that you can use to line the area just outside your lips to create a neat lip line. If you don’t have one, you can always use your favourite concealer with a lip brush to get a similar effect.
5. Apply a transparent lip gloss or plain vaseline only to the centre of your lower lip and your cupid’s bow. It’ll give your lips that luscious look!
6. Contour your nose. Know what type your nose shape is and contour accordingly. For reference, look at the picture below. You’ll be amazed at how much a difference it can make to your entire look.
7. Apply a light concealer on the bridge of your nose and extend it in between your eyebrows, fanning it out onto your forehead as you do that. It highlights the centre of your face and distracts any unnecessary attention to areas you don’t want focus on.