Deepika Padukone is one of the most stylish celebrities in Bollywood today. Her versatile sense of style is one of the most coveted amongst celebrities and serves as an inspiration for anyone who is looking for a makeover. So in today’s post, I’ll be talking about 9 style inspirations that we can all take from her by observing her looks over the years.
1. Break the convention and experiment
The first and the foremost style lesson that we all need to take from Deepika Padukone is her unconventional attitude towards fashion. And that’s what fashion is all about. Right? Its not always necessary to go with the convention. Find your own style or even create it. Keep on mixing and matching till you find the one that suits you. Take a look at some of Deepika’s unconventional outfits below.
– Deepika flaunts a poncho over a black and peach Payal Singhal saree.
– Here, at one of the promotional events for her movie Tamasha, she teams up a denim jacket over a long, white maxi dress and sneakers. Her look exudes a sporty yet feminine look.
– This look where she teams up a sweater with a skirt. The girl surely knows how to mix n match her outfits!
2. Let your jewellery do all the talking once in a while
Statement jewellery can be paired with both monochrome, simple dresses and bold prints. Notice how Deepika flaunts hers’ in the pictures below.
– This solid, monochrome dress which she pairs up with statement golden danglers. It is one of the most effortless looks where you too can pair your own dresses with some statement jewellery and look effortlessly chic!
– This look where she breaks the monotony of her black and white attire with a bold statement neckpiece and red lips.
– This look from her performance on the IIFA 2016 stage where she pairs up her Sabyasachi lehenga with bold, statement jewellery. The hand jewellery looks exquisite!
3. Embrace Prints and Sequins; And Sometimes Both!
– All over sequin? I know that the mere thought of it can give many of us some major cold feet. But take a cue from Deepika here. If you pair sequin with the right accessories, hair and makeup, it can look ethereal.
– Here during the movie Piku’s promotions, she flaunts an all-over printed jumpsuit which looks simple yet beautiful.
– Not a fan of wearing an all-over? Mix them both. Like Deepika does here where she teams up a black and white striped blouse with a sequin skirt.
4. Monochrome is still in
Sometimes we feel that a black n white dress is one of the most boring outfits. However, take a cue from Deepika here where she teams up monochrome outfits in a fantastic way.
– Notice how she combines her monochrome ensemble with super sleek hair and smoky eyes which complements her attire. Her complementary neckpiece completes her look.
– This casual look where she flaunts a floral, monochrome dress with a red lip and neatly tied hair.
5. Denim doesn’t have to be boring
Whoever said jeans was boring? Whoever it is, it certainly isn’t Deepika. She knows how to create a bling with denims. Take a look at the pictures below for some inspiration.
– Not a fan of the embellished look? The plain white tee and a pair of good fitting jeans is still a fashion staple!
6. Embrace Florals
Deepika is one celebrity who seems to love florals! And why shouldn’t she? They definitely brighten up the look and bring a feminine touch to the entire outfit. Notice, however, that in each of her outfits, she keeps the remaining part of her outfit understated.
– This look here where she teams up a floral jacket over a simple jeans and tee for a playful look.
– In one of the Tamasha promotions, where she teams up a bright, floral-printed kurta with boyfriend jeans. Her effortless bun and matching Louboutins complete the look.
– This look where she flaunts a floral saree with a simple, sleeveless blouse and matching earrings.
7. Keep accessories understated if you want the dress to do all the talking
If you want all the focus to be on your outfit, keep everything else to a minimum. That includes accessories, makeup and hair.
– Take a cue from Deepika here where she lets her sequin skirt be the focus and keeps the rest of her outfit, the off-shoulder black top, hair, makeup and jewellery to a minimum.
– Here where she carries off a white pantsuit with sleek centre-parted hair and neutral makeup.
8. Know what works best for you
Deepika is one celebrity that loves wearing ethnic wear and pulls it off so beautifully, thanks to her tall, lean physique. Experiment and get to know what works for you.
– Anarkali suits are always the way to go when choosing ethnic wear. Take a look at Deepika’s ensemble here where she combines a black and golden anarkali with a delicate bindi that matches her red lipstick. Notice how the hair has soft waves which enhances the feminine look of the dress.
– Deepika looks wonderful in sarees and she knows just how to wear the right ones. Notice how she pairs up a sheer saree with a heavy, embellished blouse and keeps the rest of the accessories to a minimum.
9. Highlight just one accessory at a time
In order to prevent your outfit from looking overtly crowded, highlight with one bold accessory at a time. It can be with makeup, a piece of clothing or some nice statement shoes.
– Notice here how she pairs a dark lip that contrasts with the saree. And keeps all the other accessories to a minimum.
– Here where she pairs a white monochrome dress with leopard print stilettos.
– And here where she teams up a floral blazer over a white monochromatic pant suit.
Which of these style tips did you like the best? Is there any favourite style tips of your own that you’d like to share? Share in the comments below.
Deepika rocks in every attire 🙂
I love her as a fashionista 🙂
Deepika’s dresses are very nice. she looks gorgeous in every outfit.