Diwali is just a night away and we are here with our last ‘Festive Season Special’. Today’s post is going to be a quick checklist of some must-have makeup products and tutorials out of which you can devise some easy-peasy festive looks. As there is not enough time for trials-and-errors; we have tried to keep this checklist minimalistic yet glittery gorgeous. Here goes our checklist.
1. Primer: A good primer enhances the lasting power of your makeup by providing the base makeup a platform to stick to. Here is a compilation of some of our favourite primers. You can also make your own primer using this DIY.
2. BB/CC Cream & Foundation: This step is extremely necessary for an even-toned base to work on. These tinted products should match exactly with your skin tone. You should keep a BB/CC cream like Lakme CC Cream or Pond’s BB+ Cream (for no-makeup looks) and a medium coverage foundation like Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation or MAC Face and Body Foundation(for party makeup) handy.
3. Concealer: Concealer is a must to hide imperfections from your face. If problems are severe you will need a correcting concealer too. Use green correctors to cancel out redness, yellow/orange ones to conceal dark circles and pigmentations. Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer are our two all time favourites.
4. Pressed Powder: This product is an absolute necessity for setting the base makeup and for touch ups. If you are going heavy with base makeup then a low-coverage compact would be good and vice versa. Some of our favourite pressed powders are Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder and Maybelline White Superfresh 12HR Compact.
5. Eyeliner & Mascara: A jet black liquid or gel liner like Sugar Eye Told You So Eyeliner in 01 Black Swan and Inglot AMC Gel Eyeliner 77 and a black pencil liner like Colorbar Just Smoky Kajal are enough for classic eyeliner look or different types of winged liner looks. You can include 2-3 more coloured liners to your festive kit to add a pop of colour to your eyes. Maybelline the Falsies Mascara Waterproof can add more drama to your festive eye look.
6. Eyeshadow & Brow Enhancer: Select a shimmery eyeshadow quad like Lakme 9 to 5 Tanjore Rush or a warm toned all purpose palette like Maybelline The Nudes or Urban Decay Naked. To make your sparse eyebrows fuller; add up a brow pencil like MAC Eye Brows Crayon Pencil in Spiked or brow mascara like Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Mascara.
Also Read: Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Bad Girl- Review, Swatches
Also Read: 10 Must Have Makeup Palettes In India
7. Lip Makeup : A red like Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner in Red Alert and a nude lipliner like Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner in Brick Rose, would be enough for almost all lip-colours. With just 3 lipcolours(a classic red like MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Fashion Legacy, a pink like MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick Impassioned and a nude like MAC Satin Lipstick Mocha) you will be able to nail down some common classy looks. According to your outfit choose your lip colour. Put 1-2 lip glosses of your choice for glossy pouts.
8. Blusher, Highlighting-Contouring Essentials: A compact palette containing all essential contour, blush and highlight products like Freedom Pro Blush and Highlight Palette or Contour Kit is the best option. Otherwise you can include peach or coral blushes like Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush Fresh Coral or MAC Satin Blush Fleur Power. For contouring use a concealer that is two shades darker than your skin tone and for highlighting use a one shade lighter concealer.
Also Read: TheBalm Bahama Mama Bronzer- Review, Price In India
9. Makeup Tools: Last but not the least items in your festive kit should be good quality makeup tools.
I. For blending out the base makeup, liquid and cream products a sponge applicator or a Beauty blender would be best.
Also Read: The Original Beauty Blender- Review, How To Use
II. Include a powder brush for makeup setting and a blush brush for both powder contouring and applying blush.
Also Read: 6 tools to apply your foundation- Which one is best for you?
III. For eyemakeup 4 brushes will be required. You will need a shader brush to pack the eyeshadow or pigment to your lids; a pencil brush for brow-bone highlighting, outer-V enhancing and smudging; a blending brush/crease brush for blending eyeshadows and highlighting entire face; an angular brush for eyebrow filling.
10. Makeup Tutorials: Here are some easy yet stunning makeup looks (and their tutorials) to go with your diwali outfits:
i) Gold and Peach Makeup Tutorial
ii) Black Smokey Eyes and Nude Lips Tutorial
iii) Gold Glitter Eyes and Red Lips Tutorial
iv) Neutral Eye Makeup and Pink Lips Tutorial
v) Evening Smokey Eyes Tutorial
Have you straightened out your festive makeup kit? Share your own must-haves in the comments below.
Guest post by Sreeparna G.